Monday, April 2, 2012

Oh, My Aching Back!

As mentioned earlier, my neighbor has taken me under her wing to help me with some gardening for our vast yard.  I have always said that I'd love to be able to pay a landscaper to design and keep up our yard, but that's not possible.  Because it hasn't been a priority for me, it just hasn't happened.  I don't have a natural "green thumb" and it's very difficult to find plants for our property that will survive the shade and the deer.  Enter....Carolyn.  :)

Carolyn has given me SO many plants that we've thinned from her yard (and from another generous neighbor's yard).  I have received easily a couple of thousand dollars worth of plants!  It's been work, especially in this above average heat we've been having lately (up to almost 90!), but I'm also happily exhausted and each time we glance out a window, even the kids are saying, "Wow, that looks so much better!"

It may not look like much now, but as things fill in and spread up and out, it's going to look even better.  I've planted Lily of the Valley, vinca, hostas, ferns, irises, and there is still more to come.  My next playdate to dig in the dirt with Carolyn is Thursday.  :)







All of the above areas were practically barren before!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! i can't wait to see it all in bloom. what a neat thing for you:-)

and let me guess . . . that's johanna behind benjamin??

happy monday!

Laurie said...

It is simply beautiful! I can't wait to see it all fill in over the next few months. Good for you!!

Kathy said...

We have the same problem with
rabbits, javalina and deer. I am
always trying to find things they
won't eat.
Wow! It looks great! Can't wait to see
everything once it all starts filling
in and blooming.

Jeremy said...

Wow, what a difference! :-)

Kate said...

Very nice!