I combed through Grandpa's hundreds of pictures that he has taken since we arrived. Here are a few that I picked to post.
Our arrival at KIX:
Ami, tuckered out after our long day of travel, tucked in under Great Grandma Rickard's blanket. :)
Guess Dad was up in the middle of the night and shot pictures of us sleeping on the ferry!
Our trail map as we hiked along the Takachiho Gorge in Kyushu:
Hmm, I doubt Sofi would care to sport this for Aunt Amy!
Despite the rain, we enjoyed the "hell pots" in Beppu:
Ferry return trip home:
There are special "golden" seats in the train cars that are for elderly or pregnant women. Apparently Chris tried to justify sitting there.
Mmmm, waiting for our takoyaki (octopus) and taiyaki (red bean pastries):
Children's Day is celebrated in Japan in May and carp flags are flown. This spot to pose with a "cheese" is in front of ToysRUs.
I think it's a little too much for nine of us to grocery shop together. The kids and Chris are all about choosing drinks that they like, I'm all about finding stuff to take back to the States, Grandpa is goofing around, and Grandma is the only one serious about feeding this tribe.
Fellowship lunch after church:
A sad day, at 5:30 in the morning. :( I miss my sweetie. We get to Skype and text several times a day, although with the time difference it is somewhat limited.
I love this shot of Ami. It's rare that I get to gaze deeply into her beautiful almond eyes. As often as I try, they are so dark that she has to be in just the right light!
Game time at International Night:
School in the morning, playing the geography game. The kids are pretty great at naming countries and capitals.
Mmmm, sushi-go-round. Might have to make another trip there before we leave. Notice we waited until Chris had left to eat out there. :)
Helping Grandpa get ready for next winter:
Johanna's birthday dinner:
At one of the spots that Grandpa met us along our Nara route:





















.




No comments:
Post a Comment