Wednesday, April 17, 2013

One Dozen Years

Yes, that would be our Johanna!  We celebrated Johanna's birthday all day today.  She chose cream filled bread rolls (a fairly common bread here) for breakfast, along with strawberries.  I also bought some treats for her to take down and share at her Japanese class this morning.  I guess she had mentioned her birthday yesterday, because a couple of the volunteer ladies brought special snacks as well.  Another teacher brought her a beautiful bouquet of flowers from her garden.  So thoughtful!







For lunch she chose ramen.  Then for dinner she chose a potato casserole, pineapple, and rolls.  I brought an angel food cake mix with us from the States, something impossible to find here. 

We got to Skype with Daddy this morning so that he could wish her a happy birthday (although I think she really wanted to see the newly arrived kittens more!).  It's been fun to have a little different birthday than our usual at home, especially getting to celebrate in Japan with Grandpa and Grandma. 

We are so thankful for our cheerful Johanna.  She is our snuggler, always ready for a hug, always in love with anything furry and soft, and outgoing with her personality.  She is our deeply thoughtful girl and has a spiritual depth that I love to see and hear.  We love you Johanna, and are so thankful for the blessing God gave us when we received you, our third treasure!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Happy 12th Birthday to lovely Johanna! How special to get to celebrate it in Japan!

Pam

Jeremy said...

Happy Birthday Johanna! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you all!