Monday, April 29, 2013

Phone Pics - Japan II

Today Michaela went to KCS with Grandma again.  She is really enjoying helping in the 1st/2nd grade class.  Today is a Japanese holiday and there was a parade in the town where KCS is, so they got to go see it.  Michaela said it was quite different from an American parade, but she had a lot of fun.  I hope to get pictures from her!

The rest of us helped Grandpa with more wood cutting and stacking today.  Daddy and Grandpa Hires will be glad to know that the boys are keeping up on their wood stacking skills while we are away from home.  :)  Johanna, Ami, and Elijah also enjoyed playing with the neighbor kids a bit since they were off school.  The neighbor kids tried to use a bit of English, and Johanna tried to use her Japanese.  But, of course, all you need is a ball or badminton rackets and that breaks any language barrier!

So here are a couple of pictures from the kids playing today.  The rest are off my phone.



 What I found after Ami made her bed one morning:


Working hard, or hardly working:
 

What I found when I went in to wake the girls one morning.  Ami's complaints are proven true....Johanna hogs the covers.


Poor girl had to snuggle up in a ball:


Johanna is extra toasty with all the covers, and her hand warmers on:


PE, home school in Japan style:



On nice days, the younger ones have enjoyed making forts in Grandpa and Grandma's yard.


I obliged to Ami's request to take silly pictures:




This would be the one shot that I tried to sneak (and got caught) at Nijo Castle:


Elijah's haircut at Grandma's "Hair Saron" (Japanese have a hard time with "l" and "r"):


1 comment:

Amy said...

I love these - especially the first two. helps me picture the area! it's pretty cool to see the things that are important enough for you to get your phone out and snap a picture of (if that makes any sense - but i'm sure it does . . . you speak amy)!! missing you so much!