Friday, April 26, 2013

Doggie Days

Today Ami and Johanna got to go to KCS with Grandma.  They had a blast being guest students for the day, each participating in their grade's class.  Despite having to get up before 6:30 am and not getting home until 6pm, they loved it and want to go back again.  Part of the incentive for going was that one of the teachers is a fellow animal lover.  She promised Johanna that after school they could play with her dogs for a bit.  Oh my....Johanna was in heaven and took lots of pictures to prove it.









I think two of the dogs are toy poodles and one is a maltese.  All of the clothes are handmade and the girls got to change outfits several times.  Like I've mentioned before....dogs in Japan, a little over the top!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Michaela and Benjamin attended Japanese class.  Not a great picture, but I was impressed with Benjamin's kanji (character writing) practice from today.


Elijah got some school done, and Grandpa and I took pictures of pictures.  :)   Dad has quite the Nixon collection.  He was our friend that went with us on our YoSemite backpack last summer and his prints rival those of Ansel Adams'.  I'm trying to help Dad catalog his extensive YoSemite related collection of prints, books, and ephemera in his research library for his book project.


On another note (pun intended), Ami and Johanna have loved having a piano and getting a few tips from Grandma.  

No comments: